WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe the Bible to be the expressed will of God revealed to man toward a reconciled relationship with Him. It declares that it is wholly inerrant and infallible as it appears in its original languages. We as followers of Christ devote our lives to know God’s Word, put into action what the scriptures teach and to live in relationship with God empowered by the Holy Spirit. It is for this reason we focus time and attention to the study of the Bible both as a church and as individuals. Our prayer is that you will give the Lord every opportunity to speak to you from His Word and through the Holy Spirit thereby bringing you hope and the assurance of eternal life through Jesus Christ, God's only Son.
Founded on the Bible, this then is what we believe:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, inerrant and authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ, fully God & fully man (John 10:30-33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:34-35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9); His bodily resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return to earth in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11-16).
THE HOLY SPIRIT
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the condemning sinfulness of human nature, and that all are justified by faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24, Romans 3:24; 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and those who are not unto the resurrection of eternity apart from God. (John 5:28-29).
WE AS CHRISTIANS
- We believe in the spiritual unity of the believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14, 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30; 5:18)
- We believe that we as Christians are examples of the love of God in this world. It is this love that we desire to not only possess but to live out in our lives and without which we have no right to call ourselves Christians (1 John 4:16-17).
MEET THE STAFF
John was born and raised a Cubs, Bulls & Bears fan in the suburbs of Chicago (Cubs! Finally!) but on behalf of his wife has grown to love the Giants, Warriors & 49er's. Cynthia is a NorCal/Berkeley girl and a self-professed lover of all exquisite breads and coffees. It hit them that their three kids grew up spoiled (or maybe deprived) in Southern & Northern Cal when their youngest said, "Hmmm, I wonder what it's like to experience seasons? Oh well. I guess I can watch it on TV."
After graduating with a BA in Psychology from UC Irvine, John spent a couple of years as a paralegal and in church ministry. Dallas Theological Seminary was John's next stop where he graduated with a ThM in Pastoral Leadership. After spending ministry time in Dallas, San Francisco and church planting in Southern California, the Lord brought the family back to the Bay Area in 2014. John loves skiiing, mountain biking, hiking, basketball and pretty much anything that gets him outdoors. One of his most impactful books has to be a powerful, yet simple read by R. Kent Hughes "Set Apart:"
John's previous work with the persecuted church overseas fuels his heart to bring those of us here in the States to pray for, assist, train & encourage those suffering for the sake of their love of Jesus Christ. Check out Ethnos Asia USA for more info.
JEREMY WONG, Youth Director
SAMSON TING, Ministry Assistant
ETHAN DUPREE, Worship Director
CHRIS LEE, Administrator